Job Announcement: Organizing and Administrative Intern
Are you passionate about reducing carbon pollution to protect the environment? Do you love learning about alternative, green energies and fuel sources? The Clean Energy Project is seeking a proactive intern to help us educate and engage Nevadans, both grassroots supporters and business owners alike, on the economic benefits of clean energy.
About the Clean Energy Project: CEP is a small but mighty non-partisan, non-profit dedicated to powering the clean energy economy through education and engagement on the economic benefits of clean energy. The goal of CEP is to grow the clean energy economy and create jobs in Nevada and the West through policy development. CEP compiles and promotes the economic benefits of investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy through public education events, outreach and media. CEP focuses on the “business of clean energy” and is a technology neutral organization.
What We Require:
- Preferred background or study in environmental sciences, nonprofit or business management, grassroots organizing, or other related discipline, but will consider applicants with demonstrated interest in energy issues and the environment. Campaign experience a plus
- Strong communication and professional writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- General computer and software proficiency.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible with an ability to shuffle between tasks quickly.
- Work with management to build our base of grassroots and business supporters.
- Disseminate follow-up communications to supporters at the direction of the Executive Director or Program & Outreach Director.
- Maintain communications with volunteers; including scheduling for shifts and generating call lists.
- Work to recruit additional volunteers.
- Maintain supporter database; including data entry and de-duplication.
- Track progress on current goals and metrics.
- Work with Executive Director on organizational administration.
- Other duties, including administrative, as assigned.
Please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
The Clean Energy Project is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. CEP is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability or sexual orientation. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.